learn from the best
personalized video feedback, every lesson
you will have access to this course for 1 year
5 lessons learned only €229,00 incl. VAT
...Or join this Course as a Masterclass for only Euro 119 incl. VATView masterclass
Certified from the Conservatorium van Amsterdam
Personalised video feedback every lesson
Content of this course
The course covers:
- Accurate and independent placing of the fingers of the left hand on the fingerboard within a frame or position, for clear articulation of the left hand.
- Keeping fingers down for efficiency and reliability in the left hand.
- Vibrato equality in all fingers, continued vibrato in legato.
- Holding the bow so that it can do its job for you.
- Smooth string crossings.
Placing of the fingers of the left hand
Placing of the fingers of the left hand and articulation
Basic Techniques for the Violin
String Crossing and Rhythm
Right hand technique and the bow
How it works
The course is a series of related video lessons, each structured around a specific topic or topics. By the end of this course, you will have developed a strong sense of direction in your daily study routine.
Weekly video lessons
After joining the course, you will be able to view a new video lesson weekly. Each video lesson consists of:
- Examples that musically define the sound of the topic you are studying in each video.
- A study routine section in which we first discuss how to study the specific topic of each lesson. We will then play several exercises specially written to show you how to structure your daily study routine.
- Assignments that will help you consolidate and practice what you have learned in each video.
After each lesson, you will be asked to study, practice and then video record yourself playing an assignment which may consist of several exercises. When ready, you submit the video of your assignment. The process of having to record yourself every week, significantly helps to internalise the material discussed in this course - quickly and naturally.
You will then receive a video with individual and personalised feedback to each assignment, every lesson. The personal feedback that you receive will enable you to improve and clarify any questions that might arise during your weekly study. You can view the feedback as many times as you like.